Saturday, April 23, 2011

Imitation, the sincerest form of flattery...

As you may or may not know, I am a science fiction fan. Not to the extreme that I have an entire room devoted to sci-fi memorabilia or anything, but I do like it. Also, although I no longer read them often, I was a pretty big comic book fan as a kid, especially Marvel books. Thus, I really liked the following two commercials. The first one is a VW commercial that premiered in the Superbowl I like to call "Little Vader" (although its actual title is "The Force") which I'm sure that most people have seen already. Just in case you haven't, here it is:



The next commercial I just saw today. It's an ad for the upcoming Marvel movie, Thor, based on the comic book. Basically it's a shot-for-shot recreation of the first commercial, but with some added material, and I think it may be my favorite commercial of all time (and I say this as a guy who really likes funny commercials.) Hope you enjoy it also!


1 comment:

Cantankerous Vixen said...

They were both funny, but I definitely enjoyed the Little Vader one better. Ha ha. Thanks for sharing!