Friday, December 11, 2009

Home again, home again

Greetings everyone. Sorry to take a long break after NABLOPOMO was over, but I've been busy traveling, as those of you who follow me on Twitter might have noticed.. I made a quick trip to Hawaii with my relative Rex when I had off five days, and while I did have the internet available there, who wants to blog on vacation?

I am back in the work grind now, working six days in a row to pay back someone I traded days with so that I could go to Hawaii. And of course, I got a cold while I was in Hawaii, probably picked up on the flight over. I didn't take Airborne before my trip, and I have nobody to blame but myself for that. I know there is little scientific research proving that it helps to prevent colds, but it's always done the trick for me when I take it before a flight...oh well.

So, I am now back at home, I have a cold, and I'm working...but I did have fun in Hawaii (other than getting a cold.) Drove around, saw lots of sights, went swimming in the ocean, hiked up Diamond Head (which was a lot more challenging in 2009 than it was the first time I did it back in 1992) and other touristy things. We also found the house which Rex rented when he was stationed in Hawaii back in 1963. He said it still looks very similar to how it did back then.

While in Hawaii, I also met Marvo, editor of The Impulsive Buy (which I have been reading for a long time) for dinner. After dinner we did a bit of shopping and he bought me a local treat made with spam. Good times!

Anyhow, I will close this post out with a picture I took on vacation...you can view the rest of the pictures I took here. I just used by cellphone camera on my Crackberry this trip but they turned out pretty decently, I thought.

Hope you are all having a great December.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Glad you had a nice little vacation, and I hope the cold is better real soon!