Friday, October 16, 2009

Switching Gears

Greetings everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted, and while this post won't be long, I figured I would at least explain things and give you an idea of what is happening next here.

I feel like this blog has been too much about my experiences with my Mom lately...and while those are a very important part of my life, I don't want them to become all this blog is about either. Right now, she is doing well, her dog is doing well, we got her a new radio, I still take her out to lunch at least once a week and everyone is making the best of a bad situation (the bad situation being her Alzheimer's.) Additionally, we sold her old house in Albuquerque fairly quickly and her finances are doing a lot better, which is also good. I'm sure I will talk about her again but I don't want this blog to become a "living with Alzheimer's" blog either since I feel like that would just be depressing as well as boring to read.

Anyhow, I have a new project I've had in mind for a while that I am going to start this weekend sometime...and I think you will find it interesting (I hope so, anyhow.) It's of great personal interest to me at any rate, and if you check back on Monday I'll have the first post up by then.

Also, since I know that there wasn't a whole lot of substantive comment to today's post, if you're looking for something interesting to read I advice you to check this blog out. It's written by a person who is doing the same job I do, but working for a foreign airline based in the United Arab Emirates. It's quite insightful and gives you some good information on what life is like for an expatriate living in the Middle East.

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you next week!

3 comments:

Merujo said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what your project is, Chuck! And never worry about thinking your blog is "too much of this" or "too much of that."

I feel like a blog is here really for the person who writes it. Having other people read it is a lovely extra. But having an outlet to write about what is going on in your life right now is a beautiful thing. Subjects ebb, flow, change...

Just keep writing what comes from your heart and mind and flows from your fingertips. :)

Heather Meadows said...

Ooh, mysterious :D Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.

Thimbelle said...

Yep. What Merujo said.

And this: Your Mom's struggle with Alzheimer's (which my Mom calls "Old Timer's Disease" !) *is* part of you. It is - happy or sad - part of your world, your life.

:::climbing down off of soapbox:::

Having said all that, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! :)