Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lola's Diary, Part II

Well, everyone seems to like my grandmother's diary so far...which I'm glad to hear, because I'm a fan of it myself. Also, skipping forward from 1944 to 2010, today is my birthday. I'm kind of meh about it since I'm not usually good at coming up with fun stuff to do on my birthdays, but I will try and have lunch with a friend and see Mom for dinner. Also, I have five days off from work starting today, so that's nice...probably will do a mini-road trip somewhere near here for a couple days.

Today's entry is a pretty short one; but I thought I'd go ahead and post it since I may be out of town (and away from the diary) later this week...but don't worry, I'll keep on transcribing until it's done.

March 22, 1944

This morning when we started out we had no brakes. Overnight something had gone wrong. I came on to town to the garage - when I started to stop - I couldn't - and ran into the corner of Mr. White's garage and did quite some damage both to the garage and my car.

I hurt my head but no serious damage was done and I felt lucky that I did nothing worse. Mama was sick and I went on home to stay the rest of the day. I ironed 15 shirts for Charles and am tired as can be.


See you again soon with more tales from the 1940's.


Next

3 comments:

Marvo said...

Happy Birthday Chuck!

Thimbelle said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday, and I also hope you have many, many returns of the day! :)

Thim :)

Chuck said...

Marvo - Thanks!

Thimbelle - I hope so also. :)