Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lazy Blogger Syndrome and A Trip To The Past

I appear to be suffering from LBS or Lazy Blogger Syndrome right now, and since I'm working an overtime shift today, I don't have time to write a decent sized post before leaving for work. However, I did find something to share with you.

Before my Mom began having issues with Alzheimer's, she often sold freelance writing articles. She had never finished college the first time she went, but she eventually re-enrolled when I was about 13 or so, and ended up getting a master's degree in English. She never made any sales to big national magazines, but she had a fair bit of success writing for the local New Mexico markets, and even taught a workshop on "Writing For The Local Market" a couple of times through UNM's continuing education department.

Anyhow, I did a quick Google search today and found a link to an article she'd written a bit over ten years ago...I really enjoyed reading it, and I hope you do as well. In my case, it reminds me of the person my mother was, who I dearly miss, before this horrible disease known as Alzheimer's raised its ugly head. I really hope they find a cure for it someday.

Anyhow, without further ado, here is a link to Mom's article.

2 comments:

Thimbelle said...

Thanks for sharing the link. Not only was topic of the article interesting, but I found it fascinating that you do seem to share some of your Mom's style of writing! :)

Things like this are such a comfort, aren't they? It confirms that our loved ones really were once who we remember them as...

And, hey - you are welcome for breakfast any time you are in our neck of the woods! :)

Suldog said...

Heck of a writer, Chuck. Clear, concise, flowed nicely; you should be proud of her (I'm sure you are.)