Monday, April 27, 2009

Goodnight, Albuquerque

I'm in Albuquerque, going through things at my mother's old house and trying to decide what to box up to be shipped to Houston. I'm using movers to also ship one piece of furniture from here. Tonight is probably the last night I'll spend here (assuming I get out of town tomorrow...the flights are rather full) and I'm feeling a lot of conflicting emotions right now.

My parents never moved any while I was growing up, so this house has always been a constant in my life...even when I moved away, I always knew it was here to come back to for visits and so forth. Anyhow, I should be getting back to going through old papers and packing boxes but I thought I'd take a break and update my blog, since I've been too busy to do that very much lately.

Oh, I also got a new phone so I could use it as a wireless modem while I was here. It's a Samsung Omnia, and it's pretty sweet. I'll have to see if I can do blog entries on it someday.

See you when I'm back in Texas.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Not easy leaving behind, permanently, a place you grew in. I know, as I lived in one place for 37 years. I still have the sounds and feels of that place hard-wired into my sub-conscious. Good Luck, and God Bless!

Joan said...

Hope your back home safely now. I visited your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful!