Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Persona non Bloggity

Greetings everyone. Sorry I haven't posted since NaBloPoMo ended; I guess I just haven't been inspired. Or I've been too busy at work. Or suffering from inadequate Christmas spirit, or something.

Everything has been going fine. I have been working a lot, and I'm counting down the days until I have no more scheduled graveyard shifts. (I have eight remaining, if anyone cares.) Someone I work with hates afternoons even more than I hate graveyards, so I traded off a few shifts to him. He's even working Christmas night for me...which I was happy to trade off, but I also told him, wow, you really don't like afternoon shifts, do you?

Anyhow, as a result of all this trading, I worked last night, got off at 6 AM, then went back to work this afternoon at 2 PM, and just got home a little while ago (my shift ended at 10.) I'm kind of tired but perhaps the exhaustion gave me inspiration to post a blog entry.

The old soft-sided briefcase I bought right after I moved here has died so I just ordered a new one today made of leather. I got a good deal on it though at overstock.com (not screamingly good but still decent.) Also, I recently tried out some bacon jerky. It was different than regular jerky but still pretty tasty. Not as good as actual fried bacon, though, and rather pricey. But I couldn't resist trying it.

Not much other news to report...I am going to visit one of my relatives later this week for a couple of days, and that should be fun. It's become a December tradition for me since I moved to Texas. Also, my apartment is a mess...my housekeeping always seems to suffer while I'm working night shifts. Hopefully things will get better in that respect next year.

Back soon, with more exciting stuff.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Well, exciting or not, it's good to hear from you, Chuck!

Thimbelle said...

Wow, I don't know how you pulled that 6 am - 2 pm turnaround!

Hope your Mom is doing OK - and I hope that you get a chance to just relax and enjoy yourself over the holidays! :)