Saturday, November 08, 2008

Day Eight

Eventually, with the posting every day thing for NaBloPoMo, I guess it has happened...I need to write a post, and I can't think of anything to post ABOUT. Oh well, such is life.



I'm including a photo today that I took last summer when I was on vacation. I went to a resort type place called Eastover in New England that had a herd of buffalo on the property. I guess the original owner of the land, back when it was an estate, had a fondness for buffalo and imported some. Eventually the estate became a resort, but they still have the buffalo around. They have a trailer they pull behind a truck so that visitors can go on a "Buffalo Safari" during their stay. It might sound silly but it was actually kind of cool.

If anyone is/was an internet/political blogs junke and you're now in withdrawl since the 2008 elections are over...Newsweek has an excellent series of articles on what went on "behind the scenes." They had reporters following each campaign who agreed not to write anything until the election was over...now that it is, their work is up. Here is a link to one of the articles.

See y'all tomorrow. (It's true...since I moved to Texas, I have started using the words "howdy" and "ya'll." Scary!)

No comments: