Friday, November 21, 2008

The Airport Is Eating My Head



The exposure in this picture was a bit too low...damn cellular cameras...but I thought it made for an amusing photo. Originally me and the guy taking it thought it looked like I was wearing the airport as a crown, but Marvo of The Impulsive Buy fame opined that it looked like the airport was about to bite my head off, when he saw the original photo on TwitPic. I liked his interpretation better.

OK, so what is going on with the big airport display in the first place, you may ask? Well even if you didn't ask, I'm going to tell you. This is one of our new tools at work, that is put up on some large plasma monitors next to our desks, showing the position of all the flights on the ground at our hub airports. We can use it to see which runways are in use and how long the lines are for planes taxiing out. It's actually one of the first good tools they've had up on the plasma screens, if you ask me.

Bonus aviation geek points go to you if you can identify the airport up on the screen. However, please do not leave that information in the comments section. Feel free to email me to ask about it though. I like to keep where I work at something of a mystery.

2 comments:

Thimbelle said...

I love that picture! For a second, I thought it was a giant Pac-Man, headed south, and straight for your brain! LOL!

Chuck said...

Thimbelle - that airport is notorious for bad delays. Some days at work, it feels like it IS eating my brain.