Monday, November 12, 2007

Gone too long...

Yes, I confess (as I have, many times before) to being a lazy blogger. I have various excuses, if you want to hear them...last month I turned 39, went out of town for my birthday, then at the end of the month flew home to visit my mother, and I've been working a lot since then. But still, I should write more. And I will, I promise.

However, this post is just to point out a recent Iphone commercial that has me rather annoyed:



This is NOT how airline operations work in real life. I won't go into all the details now, at the risk of boring all non-airline types to death, but it's wrong on many levels.

I did find a parody of the commercial that I found rather hilarious, presented below, with a warning that it contains some strong language:



Back soon, with more textual stuff.

4 comments:

Heather Meadows said...

That spoof is awesome.

But I want to hear all the technical details! Tell me tell me tell me!

Merujo said...

Omigod, I just choked on my glass of water. That was brilliant!

Suldog said...

Even knowing as little as I do concerning flight operations, I knew that ad was full of sh*t. The parody is magnificent.

Chuck said...

Heather - see my latest post for ALL THE SECRETS.

Merujo - Glad you liked it. And thanks for the link!

Suldog - Definitely a silly ad and a great parody.