Sunday, June 17, 2007

Avoiding the drawl, so far...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
 

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
 
The South
 
The Inland North
 
Boston
 
The Northeast
 
North Central
 
Philadelphia
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Found via Dawn's blog.

9 comments:

Webmiztris said...

i'm midland too...woo hoo! we know how to talk the RIGHT way..ha!

Chuck said...

Webmiztris - I'm trying to keep my normal accent going, in spite of living in Dixieland.

Merujo said...

I've done this a couple of times - I waiver between the Midland and the West. Nice and flat. :)

Webmiztris said...

an old friend of mine used to have a midland accept before she movied to Tennessee. Two years later I talked to her and she sounded like a damned hick. lol

Suldog said...

Midland, which is odd for having grown up in Boston, but not odd when you consider I went to broadcasting school and had most of my Boston Accent drilled out of me.

Chuck said...

Webmiztris - My sister has developed a very slight drawl after 20+ years of living here. I think that is helps to live in a big city in the South and not suburbia. We'll see how I do.

Suldog - Broadcasting school would seem to be the auditory equivalent of boot camp.

Heather Meadows said...

These accent quizzes never take into account the difference between the twangy Mason-Dixon accent and the drawling Southern accent. I came from the land-o-twang. Really, the drawl is prettier.

I managed to maintain a fairly TV-ish accent for most of my life, but I'm sure it's being whittled away now that I live in Augusta. Case in point: The other day I said "tahm" instead of "time". Scared the hell out of me.

Chuck said...

Heather - We'll see what happens. My sister has lived in Texas for 20+ years and only has a slight drawl to show for it. I think that living in a big city helps things.

Heather Meadows said...

I'd need to move to Atlanta, then...which probably isn't going to happen :> If we move out of Augusta, it'll probably be to move out of state. And that wouldn't be for a few years at least...

But it sounds like you may be off the hook as far as accents.