Friday, February 09, 2007

Diet: Day 1

Well, I have put off starting this for long enough. Originally the date was February 1, then I decided to wait until after Superbowl Sunday, then I decided to wean myself off caffeine before starting the actual diet...so anyways, here I am.

It's definitely time for this, as I'm at around the heaviest I've ever been. Having a car is nice but not walking has made more weight creep on...so exercise (which I haven't been doing enough of) is called for also...but first I'll get the diet on track. I will miss beer, but it will still be there when I'm done with my initial, strict first phase.

4 comments:

Marvo said...

There's always light beer.

Good luck with the diet!

Chuck said...

Marvo - Light beer will play a key feature in my long-term diet success, I believe. So far, things are going well. Thanks for the encouragement!

Suldog said...

No beer.

(Something doesn't quite make sense.)

No... Beer?

(Nah, that can't be right.)

No... BEER?!?

Well, Chuck, I never pegged you for an atheist, but I guess the evidence is clear. No beer. What a shame.

Chuck said...

Suldog - Yup, it's true, on day 5 with no beer. Actually, Diet Dr. Pepper was harder to give up (the "no caffeine" part.) Anytime I have a craving for any particular food, I remind myself, hey, it will still be there when my diet is done...