Monday, February 12, 2007

100 Facts in 100 Days #10

I am not much of a winter person. I do like snow skiing and snowshoeing, but I prefer not to deal with cold on a daily basis in winter. I have lived in two fairly cold states (New Hampshire and Wisconsin) and now that I'm living in a warm one (Texas) I really don't miss the snow and ice at all.

Yesterday, I went walking (trying to exercise more in conjunction with my diet) and it was a bit chilly, but I warmed up after a block or so. It was definitely no worse than sweatshirt weather. When I got to work, someone said they were sick of the cold weather and hoped it warmed up soon. I said, "This isn't COLD!" But who knows, after a few years of living here, I could begin to think temperatures in the 50s are chilly also. I definitely don't miss the sub-zero deep freeze weather I went through last winter.

2 comments:

Thimbelle said...

It's all relative, isn't it? Just wait - in two or three years, you'll be griping about those "cold" 50 and 60 degree days, and telling the newcomers about that terrible winter of '07 when you had to wear a *sweater* to work...

(ducking and running)

Yes. I'm just jealous... :p

Chuck said...

Thimbelle - Someone from New York said the same thing...after I've been here a few years, I'll be bitching about the "cold" when it's in the 40s and 50s. He's probably right. :)