Friday, July 21, 2006

Where I've Been

Some of you may have noticed a dearth of posts from me lately. There are two reasons for that...first, my home internet was on the fritz and has only been fixed today. I don't post stuff at work. Second, I was out of town last week, helping to move my Mom to a retirement place.

She really didn't want to move out of her house, but it was time for it to happen. It was an exhausting trip. I don't know if anyone here is a Sopranos fan...



...but if anyone remembers the first season of the show, and Tony Soprano's mother's reaction to being forced to move to a retirement community...well, it wasn't that bad, but it felt like it sometimes.

Mom is a really awesome, wonderful, sweet person, and while my sisters and I would have liked to let her keep living where she was, it was time for a change. Now that she's moved, the hardest part is over, hopefully. And while the place she moved to isn't a house, it is a nice apartment where I think she'll make a lot of new friends.

More updates as they occur...and I have some other stuff I would like to post about, including continuing my Airline Chronicles series, once I can force myself to sit down and start writing about it.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Thimbelle said...

It sucks when you have to start doing this stuff with your parents. You feel the inevitable shift from child to adult-in-charge.

I know it was hard to do, but I'm glad you were able to see where she is going to live, and to have the peace of mind that comes with feeling like it's a good place for her to be.

Keep us posted on how she's doing.