Friday, July 21, 2006

Meme Time

Courtesy of Dariush, who posted this on his blog. He promised eternal Hellfire and damnation to anyone who participated and didn't post it on their blog, so I thought I should try and avoid that...plus, it's kind of a cool meme.

If you comment here:

1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll challenge you to try something.
3. I'll pick a color that I associate with you.
4. I'll tell you something I like about you.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
8. I'll pick a song that reminds me of you.

I am not going to put any onus on people who participate to post it on their blog, although I think it is a fun meme, to invite audience participation...so if you WANT to copy and post, feel free!

6 comments:

Shafa said...

Do it.

Chuck said...

Shafa -

1. You're the only person I know who works for a newspaper.
2. Hmmm...can't think of a good challenge. How about bugee jumping?
3. Green...Kentucky strikes me as a green state.
4. You always seem to look at the bright side of things.
5. You commenting on my blog, and me spelling your name wrong when I replied to your comment.
6. I have this image of a grizzly bear for some reason.
7. What made you decide to want to become a journalist?
8. "Our House" by Madness.

Shafa said...

1. Count your blessings.
2. I am afraid of heights. I decline your challenge.
3. My favorite color.
4. I try, although when I am grumpy, it's pretty disastrous.
5. You were close on the spelling. I forgive you.
6. Funny, my Native American name is Standing Bear.
7. I love writing and I like a job that I constantly learn and see new things and meet new people.
8. Never heard it. Downloading!

Stu said...

...ahem...

Chuck said...

Stu-

1. Living in Redondo Beach must rule!
2. Parasailing! Because it's something I always wanted to try.
3. Blue, for the ocean.
4. You have good ideas and you follow up on them.
5. When you emailed me about the first fundraiser for MM.
6. A seal.
7. What do you do for a living?
8. "Surf City" by the Beach Boys.

Stu said...

1) It totally rules!
2) Ok, I love heights, but I suffer from a wonky middle ear, which means any seriously wobbly motion causes my lunch to head for the emergency exit. Please, another challenge!
3) Nice choice. I've seen blue ocean, off the island of St. John. The water off of Redondo Beach is dark, like a dark jade green. Very spooky.
4) Wow, what a totally cool thing to say. Of course I don't think it's completely accurate, but it inspires me to try harder!
5) Thanks for participating! That was a lot of fun, and made me feel good about people. I love people, they always do the right thing, sooner or later.
6) Well, sometimes my whiskers grow long like a seal, and sometimes I get boisterous, whereupon I sorta honk like a seal. And I live near seals, although they never visit. I think they don't like me because I'm too geeky.
7) I used to be a professional geek, and then was a professional writer. Now I am a stay-at-home fulltime husband and dad, what is traditionally known as a HomeMaker. It is easily the most rewarding job I've ever had.
8) "Shootin' the curl"... yeah, right on. They lived out here when they were kids. And Redondo and Manhattan (my former home) are two of the beaches mentioned in "Surfin' USA".