Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Cool Phrase of the Day

In my line of work, I deal extensively with weather conditions throuought my airline's route system. Part of this involves reading weather alerts issued by the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma (where a lot of really smart, talented meteoroligists are located) and dissemenating this information to our flight crews.

Anyway, today there was a weather watch for severe thunderstorms in effect for eastern Colorado that said, in part, "the previous supercell activity near I-70 has decreased in intensity but increased in size, now forming a multicellular cluster." And I thought, Wow! What a perfect description of a bad day!

It's like, how did your day go? Dude, it was a total MULTICELLULAR CLUSTER. Or, if you had an idiot for a manager, you could say, my boss is such a MULTICELLULAR CLUSTER.

This phrase is probably too multi-syllabic and geeky to ever be used by the Cool Kids, but I still like it. I don't think anything will ever top Hawesome or ass strep, though. Unless you were having a multicellular cluster of ass strep. And that would be very bad.

For an entertaining example of what a real multicellular cluster can do to airline operations, check out this link this VIDEO!

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Well, I'm going to have to try to work that one into my conversation as soon as possible. I love it!

Chuck said...

Thanks, Stu! Hope you checked out the video, it's funny. Unless you were working for FedEx that night.