Wednesday, March 22, 2006

HAWESOME!!!

This seems to be an eventful time for some of my blogger friends. AJ got hired by Playboy to do a radio show for them on Sirius satellite radio. Magazine Man has also had an eventful couple of months (vacation, hospital, recovery.) Now, I'm joining the party...and I'm stealing Shane's phrase to title my blog entry.

Late last year, I had a couple of job interviews. I have nothing against my present airline, but due to our switching code share partners recently, it's getting to be more and more difficult for me to fly to the places I like to visit (usually out West, which is where I'm from.) At any rate, both of the interviews I had seemed to go all right, but nothing out of this world. I was kind of bummed about not getting the second job I interviewed for, since it was with an RLA (Really Large Airline.)

As it turns out, they liked me enough in the second interview to keep me in mind when some more positions came open in the spring. So, I'm giving my two weeks notice at my present job today and heading to TEXAS next month. Yee haw. In the tradition of this blog, I'm not mentioning exactly which airline it is that I got hired by. Aviation aficionados will probably be able to figure it out on their own eventually. I'm very excited, but a little bit nervous.

For the three or four faithful readers I have (very faithful, given that I haven't kept this thing updated enough) I would like to ask your advice. What should I rename this blog after I move? I definitely won't be North of the Cheddar Curtain anymore, living in Texas. The web address of the blog won't change (I'll always love the bacosaurus) but the title will.

I realize I still haven't started my Airline Chronicles. I promise I haven't forgotten about them. I will try to work on them some this weekend if I have any time. First though, I'm flying to Texas to do some apartment hunting.

3 comments:

shane nickerson said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the new gig. Maybe you can call it "North of the Cheddar Curtain: in exile." :-)

Thimbelle said...

First of all, HUGE congrats! That truly is HAWESOME!

Next, since you are moving to Texas... why not call the blog

"Baja Oklahoma"

Trust me. Those happy little Texans will *love* it!

:::ducking and running:::

OK, maybe not. So - what about "The Further Escapades of Aviation Boy"?

That works wherever you live!

Or, maybe "Flaps, Slats, & Tumbleweeds" Nah, that's too specific to Texas.

Of course, you could just call it "Bacosaurus" and let 'em wonder...

;)

T.

Shafa said...

What about "Ground Chuck?"

I used to work in a butcher shop. Sorry.